Development/Downtown Center Coordinator-West Liberty University Foundation
WLU Downtown Center located at 1100 Main St. Suite 102 Wheeling, WV 26003
This is a full time, salaried position with benefits. It offers an entry level opportunity with advancement potential.
Purpose of the Position
The Development/Downtown Center Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Foundation development process and providing administrative support. The Coordinator will also be the face of the WLU Downtown Center. Other key duties include database entry and maintenance, coordination of mailings, donor research and prospecting, and WLU Downtown Center customer service.
The Development/Downtown Center Coordinator will report to the Foundation Executive Director and work collaboratively with the Office of Institutional Advancement and Admissions as needed. The coordinator will report to the WLU Downtown Center five days a week and campus occasionally for meetings and events.
- Support weekly acknowledgment letter mailing
- Support development/fundraising goals by planning mailing lists and reports using the Donor Perfect Software System
- Data Entry into Donor Perfect Software System
- Maintain WLU Foundation Website Content
- Work with Executive Director, University Faculty and Director of Financial Aid to support the scholarship distribution process
- Work with Executive Director to draft new fund guidelines
- Attend quarterly Board of Director meetings and help with planning
- Answer the main phone line and direct calls
- Speak to donors in a friendly and professional manner
- Help plan and support special events
- Help plan and prepare Annual Fund Mailing and subsequent activities
- Coordinate Downtown Center Calendar of Activities and University staff needs at Center
- General administrative support
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Development/Downtown Coordinator must have a proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Microsoft Applications, Mail Merge
- Donor software proficiency or ability to learn software system quickly
- Understanding of Non-Profit organizations
- Stewardship and donor relations
- Confidentiality concerning donor files
The Development/Downtown Coordinator must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Donor relations and customer service skills
The Development/Downtown Coordinator must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Helpful and supportive
- Honesty and trustworthiness
Required minimum education level is a bachelor’s degree with preference to business, communications, or liberal arts degrees.
One to three years of relevant experience preferred. Part time experience and internship experience acceptable.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references by mail to: The WLU Foundation, 208 University Dr. CUB 126 West Liberty, WV 26074 Attn: Angela Zambito Hill, Executive Director, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit is September 15, 2017.
Please Note: This is not a state of WV position. The WLU Foundation is a separate 501c3 organization.
“The Foundation supports, strengthens, and sustains the University through cultivation, investment, and stewardship of private funds.”