In April 2018 the WLU Foundation Board of Directors underwent a strategic planning process led by a consultant who specializes in non-profit management. This process resulted in the development of the following vision statement, core values, and strategic directions that will guide the Foundation through June 2021.
The WLU Foundation will build donor trust through ethical practices and communication and honor philanthropic intentions that advance West Liberty University.
Strategic Directions & Goals
Strategic Direction 1: Work with WLU to build awareness of the Foundation as they together strive to create a culture of philanthropy.
- Goal 1: By 7/27/2018 develop vision & core values | COMPLETED
- Goal 2: By 12/31/2018 amend and restate existing operating agreement between WLU Foundation, WLU Office of Advancement, including the Alumni Office, with clearly defined roles and relationships
- Goal 3: By 8/31/2019, create a holistic approach to education current students and engage the entire campus community
Strategic Direction 2: Support future growth by improving the governance model, staffing structure, and resources of the Foundation
- Goal 1: By 12/31/19, the board roles and responsibilities should reflect best practices for governance of charitable organizations to ensure the growth of the Foundation and the success of the Foundation’s Strategic Plan
- Goal 2: By 6/30/19, the staffing structure of the Foundation and resources for staff development will be designed to effectively achieve fundraising goals
Strategic Direction 3: Develop a robust fundraising model that sustains the WLU Foundation long term and builds on the endowment
- Goal 1: Gather data in partnership with Alumni Office to build the base for fundraising in the future by June 2019
- Goal 2: Increase alumni giving participation to 1,000 donors by 2021
- Goal 3: Increase Endowment to $25 million over 3-5 years with a Planned Giving Program as a priority