An annual gift of $500.00 has been generously pledged by the members of the Washington/Greene County of Dental Society to benefit a West Liberty University Dental Hygiene student.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance and recognition for a Dental Hygiene student from Washington or Greene County (PA) who demonstrates a strong work ethic and professional promise, possess good interpersonal and technical skills, and is supportive of his or her fellow classmates within the dental hygiene program.
- The recipient must be a resident of Washington (PA) or Greene (PA) counties.
- The award will be given to a first-year dental hygiene student t be applied toward tuition and fees for the fall semester of the second year in the dental hygiene program.
- The student must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- The candidate is required to write a one-page essay describing his/her feelings about how a registered dental hygienist could contribute to his/her county through community service. The student should also briefly outline their personal goals for the future.
- The application deadline is the last day of March.