WEST LIBERTY, W.Va., March 25, 2021 — It’s just one week till West Liberty University’s annual Day of Giving.
Planned by the WLU Foundation, the online and on-phone event takes place on Thursday, April 1 as donors join together to support higher education on the Hilltop.
“Our goal this year is to raise $150,000 in just one day! We’re pleased to report we have over $55,000 in matching dollars to empower our donors during this year’s 24-hour giving challenge,” said Angela Zambito-Hill, executive director of the WLU Foundation.
Donors can earmark gifts to go to the academic program, student life initiative or sports team they choose to unlock those matching dollars.
“We invite you to give to your favorite academic, student life or sports program and help unlock powerful matching funds! The WLU Foundation will award a bonus to the three programs with the largest number of donors,” Zambito-Hill added.
There are dollar-for-dollar matches in each area.
“West Liberty University is grateful for the matching sponsors that have stepped forward to make this year’s Day of Giving the strongest yet! We’re confident that our valued alumni, faculty, staff and friends will help us as we work to continue to provide a quality education at an affordable cost on the Hilltop! Thank you,” said Zambito-Hill. Matching donors and the program that benefit include:
- College of Arts and Communication: Pete Holloway $2,000
- Gary E. West College of Business: Edward Grimes ‘71 $1,000
- College of Education and Human Performance: Dave Beck ’70 $3,000
- College of Liberal Arts: David ‘67 and Alice ‘67 Javersak $1,000
- College of Sciences: Anonymous Donor $5,000
- Hilltopper Bands: Alco Fence $1,000
- Center for Arts & Education: WLU Foundation $500
- Choir Program: Cheryl Anderson ’71 $500
- Dental Hygiene Program: Bruce and Donna Waugh ’65 Berlage $2,000
- Graduate Studies: Brian Crawford $1,000
- Physician Assistant Program: Dr. Howard Shackleford
- Social Work Program: Sylvia Senften $500
- Speech Pathology and Audiology: WLU Foundation $500
- Student Life & Activities: WLU Foundation $500
- Theatre Program: Tom Cervone ’75 $5,000
- Acrobatics and Tumbling: Anissa ’94 and Danny Anderson $2,000
- Baseball: John and Rhonda McCullough $500
- Men’s Basketball: Al Roszczyk ’80 and Charlie Annett ’66 $17,500
- Women’s Basketball: John and Rhonda McCullough $1,000
- Cross Country/Track and Field: John and Rhonda McCullough and Bruce Cox ‘76 $2,000
- Football: Lance LaFollette ’84 $1,000
- Men’s Golf: WLU Foundation $500
- Women’s Golf: Chris Muroski $500
- Softball: John and Rhonda McCullough $500
- Men’s Tennis: John and Rhonda McCullough $500
- Women’s Tennis: John and Rhonda McCullough $500
- Men’s Soccer: Ron Matella ’78 $1,000
- Women’s Soccer: WLU Foundation $500
- Volleyball: Stacy Gamel, John and Rhonda McCullough, and Noah and Kayla Mull $3,000
- Wrestling: Mitch Smith ’11 and John Craig ’73 $2,000
Pledges received on or before April 1 and paid by June 30, 2021 will also count toward the match. Gifts of stock or IRA rollovers are accepted with all donations counting toward the matching funds.
For more information or to pledge a gift on April 1, please visit the secure site found at: wlufoundation.org/dayofgiving or call 304.336.5635.